Welcome to Munch on Celery!
I can hardly believe it that it’s that time of year again and I don’t mean Thanksgiving, or even Halloween I mean the Pumpkins are back! I love anything pumpkin be it pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, jack o’ lanterns, and never mind the host of things you can do with pumpkins like sugar scrubs, lotions and even facial treatments.
I was talking to my husband who is a borderline diabetic and he requested a low carb dessert for him to take along when we go out for Thanksgiving dinner this weekend. I have tried out a couple of recipes from Low Carb Yum and came across a great recipe called Coconut Flour Paleo Pumpkin Mug Cake. I have made it a few times now and it is a delicious low carb and not very sweet treat. So after giving it much thought I have decided to make some of these to take along and they will be decorated with Cocowhip another favorite foodie item that I like.
I have made this dessert a few times now and it takes very little time to whip all he ingredients together and get it into two ramekins. It is so quick that you can have a yummy dessert before you know it.
Recipe is courtesy of LowCarbYum
Coconut Flour Paleo Pumpkin Mug Cake – Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (carton or can)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon clear stevia liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place all ingredients into a coffee mug for a ramekin and blend well with a fork. (Note: I use use ramekins and split the mixture between two small ones.)
- Microwave on HIGH about one and half minute or until toothpick placed in centre comes out clean. (Note: if using the small ramekins I microwave on HIGH for one minute and check with a toothpick.) If I use one large ramekin with all of the mixture I then microwave for the 90 seconds and check with a toothpick after that.)
- Remove from container, if desired.
- Serve warm with whipped topping (coconut cream is paleo friendly)
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 55g
- Calories: 89
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg