Hello and welcome to Munch on Celery!
A couple of weeks ago my online membership to Weight Watchers expired and I decided to bite the bullet and go back to weekly meetings as I have about ten pounds left to lose. During the summer I switched to online to keep me honest and for the most part it paid off as I only gained about five pounds which in the grand scheme of things is not too bad. I am hoping to achieve my goal by the end of the year and become a lifetime Weight Watchers member.
I have also recently decided to reformat my blog in the next few weeks and really focus on sharing different recipes that I have found, tried and tasted to see if they will pass into the “favorite” section of my recipe book. I am to going focus on low calorie, low carb as well as gluten free but maybe not all at the same time. I may even share a vegan recipe or two. I enjoy looking for new recipes to try and also enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and I hope to share them with you.
Today I am going to share a recipe with you that I found on the Low-Carb So Simple! site. I have made them and they are quite delicious.
- 2 cups = 480 ml = 230 g almond flour
- small bunch = 0.7 oz = 20 g fresh organic chives
- 2.5 oz = 70 g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) unrefined sea sat
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 250 F or slightly lower (100 C).
- Chop the chives into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients by hand. Knead for a minute or until smooth.
- Placed the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place another parchment paper on the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough between the two parchment papers as thin as you can.
- Remove the topmost parchment paper.
- Cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter into squares.
- Put in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. Check frequently so that the crackers don’t get too dark or burn.
- Cook completely and break into squares.
Note: I cut mine into squares before baking. I think that the next time I make them I may even use a small cookie cutter to make the crackers more uniform.
Try them for yourself and let me know what you think!
Have a great day!